- Open course card
- Go to "Grades" menu
- Click View >> Filter >> Grading Periods
- Choose which grading period you want from the NEW dropdown menu in the upper right corner
Thursday, November 18, 2021
Thursday, November 4, 2021
Secondary Teachers: Canvas and Synergy
Last year we introduced Canvas as the TTSD LMS, due to its ability to manage more online learning needs . These features included: integration with 3rd party apps, a fully functional grade book, parent interface, and the potential sync to Synergy to ease in grade posting and transfer to Synergy to name a few. Additionally, ur new MTSS system (iON) is able to pull grade book assignments and grades from Synergy to help us identify students who are in need of additional support, saving our staff countless hours data mining systems to create adhoc reports for weekly meetings.
It's been a stressful start to the Fall 2021 school year, and I want to acknowledge quite a few things have changed since we left TTSD schools in March 2020. As we try to settle into this school year and embrace all that it has to offer, I'm very aware that some of the systems setup was just "too much" for many at the beginning of the year.
Conferences last week were a great opportunity for us to view our setup from parents perspective. We have found it's important to "regroup" and ensure Canvas is set up to communicate well with students and parents. So, we have created TWO helpful knowledgebase (KB) articles to help our teachers review their Canvas setup so it syncs seamlessly with Synergy (and therefore with the MTSS system and displays an overall course grade for student/parents).
Highlights for Teachers:
- Use Canvas gradebook exclusively for all of your class assignments (digital or paper/pencil or participation points)
- Match your Assignment Groups in Canvas with your Assignment categories in Synergy grade book
- Double check the assignments you want to sync are in sync
- by either comparing your Grades in Canvas with the Synergy gradebook
- or an alternate way is to ask a student to show you both views from their perspective (this will help you see how it appears to students and parents)
- Set up your Canvas course card to "nightly sync" with Synergy
- Review the KB articles for tips and tricks on grade passback (Canvas > Synergy).
Elementary Teachers: Canvas and Seesaw
Down Day Weekend - Sunday, October 2, 2022 The first Sunday of EACH month is reserved for the IT Department to perform disruptive (but nec...
We have recently increased the security of a few of our web sites, one of which was the Print Shop . During the upgrade we removed access ...
Thank you for your patience in waiting to upgrade your iPad to the new operating system, iOS 11. We are READY for staff and teac...
We are ready to begin a strategic process for updating STUDENT iPads to iOS 11 that are eligible (purchased within the last ~3 years). We w...