Digital Resources for Students at TTSD:
As we have launched into the 2022-23 school year, there have been many requests about apps that our staff and students use on a daily basis. Here at TTSD we take the protection of student and staff data very seriously. Student and staff data should not be shared to an outside vendor without approval. See below for how to request this for new apps/resources. Below are some highlights of the current TTSD approved apps in use, how to access them, and how to request something new:
- What are the current approved TTSD apps for students? Click HERE for a full list!
- How do students access these apps? Most TTSD approved apps are available either through Clever sign in/or ipad app OR Canvas (like Edgems, or the new Comprehensive Health Curriculum for secondary)
- Found a new educational app that requires students to sign in? Please complete the App Request form before using any digital resources/apps that require a student to log in. IT will work with the vendor to sign the Oregon data confidentiality agreement to ensure our student data is safe.
Google Docs, Sheets & eMail Tips & Tricks
- You can insert special characters using Insert >> Special Characters menu item? You can then search for the character or DRAW it to find a match.
- You can turn on speech to text to create your document using the Tools menu > Voice Typing?
- Did you know in Google Sheets...
- By highlighting the column header of the sheet after you have filtered, you will get a count of how many rows are remaining?
- You can learn a staff member's job title and phone extension by hovering over their name after entering it in the To: field on an email?
- Did you know in Google Calendar....
- You can enter the people you want to meet with in the "Meet With" box on the left and it will show you your schedule on top of their free/busy schedule to find the best time to meet. You can then click and drag the time slot you want and it will create an event with all of those listed in "Meet With" already invited.