- IPad Battery Life - iPads are not capable of live streaming a video conference (like Google Meet) for 4 hours straight without being charged or plugged in during the day....
- The IT department is getting increased calls from concerned parents regarding their iPads not staying charged all day while staying connected to Google Meet during classroom “breaks” or work time.
- Battery hardware issues? = iPads that cannot hold a charge for an hour. Troubleshooting - look for the charging battery icon on the iPad, close unused Safari tabs/windows (we’ve seen some students with 100s of tabs open), try a different outlet or cable, try using the iPad while plugged in during class.
- When students are not actively participating in a live class, students should DISCONNECT from Google Meet. Keeping Google Meet active for hours at a time requires a LOT of bandwidth and battery life, which may require iPads be plugged in.
- November 16th: Quarter 2 = NEW TERM!
- Check out the KB articles to help you set up your new course cards (MS & HS teachers):
- Elementary Teachers: Look for new grading period (Quarter 2) to help “Reduce the clutter” in your Canvas grade book, beginning November 19th!
- Fine Tuning your Online Classroom:
- Google Meet:
- Breakout rooms = small group work and discussions to build opportunities for student=talk
- Troubleshooting? Update Chrome browser, close extra tabs and applications, minimize the number of “extra” applications you may have open/running (AirServer, Jabber, etc.)
- TIP: try connecting to Google Meet off your iPad/Chromebook and share your screen using this 2nd device...
- Canvas Features/Tips:
- To Do list details
- Notifications = where to easily find Teacher Comments
- “New Analytics“:
- Digital Resources that use Clever:
- Looking for a direct link to digital tools that use Clever? (RazKids, Adelante, iReady, Naviance, etc. ) Complete this form to have the resource added to your Canvas Course menu(s): Canvas Menu Link Request
Sunday, November 15, 2020
Technology Update (Sunday November 15, 2020)
Chrome Browser TUNE UP Starting Monday this week, staff have reported a new Google Meet issue where their video freezes (audio and presenta...
We have recently increased the security of a few of our web sites, one of which was the Print Shop . During the upgrade we removed access ...
Thank you for your patience in waiting to upgrade your iPad to the new operating system, iOS 11. We are READY for staff and teac...
We are ready to begin a strategic process for updating STUDENT iPads to iOS 11 that are eligible (purchased within the last ~3 years). We w...