Protect Yourself, Your Data & Your Students' Data
'Tis The Season....for giving and sharing. However, it's also a high season for theft and scammers. Please review the following to ensure you are protected
- Long-term (24hrs+) storage of student and staff data should be limited to TTSD file servers or TTSD Google Drive. Student and staff data on your TTSD laptop for longer than 24 hrs is not permitted....this includes your downloads folder.
- Develop a habit of emptying your "Downloads" every few days.
- After downloading student (Synergy) or staff (IV) data on your laptop, use it immediately and delete it OR upload it to Google Drive and then delete it from your laptop.
- Only use TTSD approved apps and software with students. Using Google to log in to an online resource is not safe unless the vendor has signed a Data Privacy Agreement (check here to view TTSD approved apps if the apps you use are safe...please STOP using any that are not listed and place a tech request to seek guidance on getting the vendor to sign a Data Privacy Agreement.
- Do not leave your laptop in your car.
- Use secure passwords and a password manager like Bitwarden to help you manage your passwords.
- Sign up for Bitwarden HERE (free version)
- Install Bitwarden extension for Chrome HERE
- Bitwarden Tutorial
- Do not use the same password for your bank, email, Google, Facebook, etc. Using Bitwarden (or another password manager) allows you to remember ONE main password and let the password manager provide unique passwords for each site you use.
- Be EXTRA cautious of "great deals" you find on an unknown website or through an email that sounds too good to be true.
📌 BE SAFE; THINK BEFORE YOU CLICK!
Down Day Weekend - Sunday, December 4, 2022
The first Sunday of EACH month is reserved for the IT Department to perform disruptive (but necessary) maintenance on our networks systems. With 24/7 access to online resources for our staff and students, we have reserved the FIRST Sunday of each month to perform this work.Please note Sunday there will likely be disruption to various systems that may impact your access to: TTSD accounts, network resources (wifi), internet filter and Mac/iPad "Self Service"
Post a Comment